Table of Contents
A 2021 report by Nielsen revealed that 77% of U.S. households use at least one connected TV Advertising (CTV) device. The wide adoption of CTV has attracted advertisers looking for effective ways to reach their target audience.
Take, for example, Master, Inc., a world-renowned financial services corporation. Through CTV, the company was able to “reach audiences with a high technology adoption rate, interest, and consumption time” compared to other media platforms.
Aniview, a premier mobile video player provider, offers insights into why companies like Master, Inc. have invested in CTV advertising.
What is CTV Advertising?
Connected TV (CTV) advertisements are ads displayed on internet-connected devices such as smart TVs, gaming consoles, and OTT devices like smartphones and tablets. Unlike traditional TV which airs ads based on fixed schedules, CTV enables advertisers to reach their right audience at the right moments. Likewise, advertisers can track and measure the performance of their ads and explore different formats that work best for their campaigns.
With CTV ads, advertisers have access to the following benefits:
CTV offers better targeting capabilities for marketers. Because the platform requires users to connect to their Facebook or Google accounts, advertisers can access crucial information such as the viewer’s interests, location, online behavior, as well as the device they use. With this data, advertisers can create highly targeted campaigns.
Different Ad Formats
CTV ads promote better user engagement and encourage advertisers to be more creative with their campaigns. They can choose between animated and static ads and customize calls to action based on their campaign’s goals.
CTV ads generally fall under the following categories:
- In-Stream Video Ads: These are unskippable ads that are 15 to 30 seconds long and play before or during the program.
- Interactive Pre-Roll Ads: These work similarly to in-stream video ads, except they re-direct users to a landing page. For example, if you’re advertising a skincare product, the ad can bring the viewer to your e-commerce site.
- Homescreen Placement Ads: These are ads that are displayed on the home screen, typically short videos or images that feature calls to action like “learn more.”
Connected TV provides real-time metrics on the ads that you’re running. With this data, you can gauge whether your campaign is performing well or needs adjusting.
CTV provides rich insights on:
- View-Through Conversions: measures the number of online conversions generated after customers saw your ad but did not interact with it
- Impressions Delivered: how often your ad appears on a search results page (SERP) regardless of whether users clicked or not
- Video Completion Rate (VCR): represented in percentage; the number of times a video was played to the end
- Frequency: the average number of times a CTV ad is delivered to a household; calculated by dividing the number of impressions by the number of people or households that view your ad
Gain Access to Premium Ad Inventory
Connect with reputable publishers from around the world through Aniview’s marketplace. Leverage our mobile video player that supports header bidding, VAST, and VPAID interfaces for CTV/OTT advertisements. Additionally, you can monitor your account activity and manage your ads through an integrated platform.
Increase your ROI through more effective streaming capabilities. Reach out to Aniview today to learn more about our ad player for publishers and other services.